Monday, March 3, 2014

Nesting


Well, hopefully, tomorrow's the day!  The day I truly become a Mother Hen.  And I couldn't be more excited! And more anxious.

To all you farmers out there, I'm sure my nerves must seem wasted and silly.  But that's me.  A worrier.  A planner, a reader, a learner, a worrier.  And it seems the more I learn, the more I read, the more worried I become.  

My worries have been over food, housing, diseases.... pasty butt! The whole gamut.  But, I've decided to let my worries go. To just relax and enjoy this whole crazy adventure.

So, this afternoon, instead of fretting, I nested.  I cleaned up Anna's room and got it all ready to host the girls.  Isn't this what everyone does when their kids go off to college?  Turn their bedroom into a brooder?  Of course, Hattie Mae kept a close eye on the whole process, even falling asleep on the floor very close to the heat lamp.  

So now it's 11:13 and I'm off to bed, for I want to be up bright and early so I can be first in line at the feed store, along with  my little side kick who is skipping school to go chick shopping.  How could I not bring her?  Becoming a nine-year-old urban chicken farmer doesn't just happen every day.  It's a special day.  A day that needs to be savored, remembered, celebrated.  

Just don't tell her school attendance secretary!


No comments:

Post a Comment