Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Reactions

Sheesh!  You get a few chickens and people think you've gone mad!  

The following are just a few of the reactions to my recent decision to add a few chickens to the home front.

From my niece:  "Aunt Sonja's gone weird on us!  I mean who names their chickens," she asked my mother?   Who, in turn, asked me "who names their chickens?"

From my dad: "Nothing like having chicken shit everywhere!"  But once I told him I was only getting three, and that they would have a coop, and one would even be named after his Grandma, well he started whistling a whole new tune.  He even called me to suggest that I get one of those South American Chickens that lays the blue eggs---for Nora, of course.  (Got it covered Dad)

Dave's still not sure about any of this.  Although I'm pretty sure he will never love the girls like Nora Jane and I do, I am confident that he will happily eat their eggs in a few months.  (In exchange for a nice cozy coop to live in)  And just to prove to me that he's supportive of my chicken endeavor, he bought me some wine to celebrate:


LOOK CLOSER!


And it even tasted good!
THANKS DAVE!!!!!!!

I'm sure the aforementioned are not the only people who think I've gone completely bonkers, but I'm okay with that.  For I have three new critters to care for and lots of eggs to look forward to.  Life is good.  

But just in case there's anyone out there who doesn't think I'm completely crazy, have I got a website for you!  It's called http://hencam.com and it's written and maintained by a woman named Terry.  Terry has two flocks of hens, two Nigerian Goats, one bunny named Phoebe, and two lovely dogs.  You can read everything you want to know about chickens and her life in Massachusetts as well as take a peek into her world via her chicken cams.  It's pretty fun.  And if you have little ones, they will love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment