Tuesday, January 7, 2014

And What Else?

I realize I can't spend all of 2014 training my K-9, so when Hattie Mae and I are NOT learning how to get along and live together nicely I plan on diving into this series.

So far.. a good read

I hear it's even a TV show.  Just kidding, I'm not that socially unawares.....

This is a book I would never have purchased for myself before.  Before what?  Before my daughter became a Mine craft addict. But while I was waiting at the book store recently for Nora Jane to locate JUST the right Mine craft Manual (yep, she's that kid) I had nothing to do but peruse the nearby fantasy shelves.  Who knew there were so many! A whole new world of books!  Until this point in time, I've been more of a reader of mystery, crime dramas, and contemporary women's literature.

It's not that I haven't tried to read this kind of book before, but I just never fancied them.  I even tried reading The Hobbit (A CLASSIC for God's sake!) with Nora Jane, but the chapters were SO long, so boring, and so full of weird songs that, alas, I gave up and let her finish it on her own (no mother of the year award for me this year).  Although I may have gotten a few points for taking her to see the movie, and it's sequel "The Desolation of Smaug," which I also didn't enjoy.  Why do these movie-makers have to have such long, extended fight/battle scenes? And why do they have to be so bloody?  And why do these creatures have to be SO ugly?

But back to The Game of Thrones.  I have not seen any of the TV series, and I don't plan to.  Not yet.  For now, I  am totally enjoying the book.  I plan on reading ALL of it and even moving on in the series.  (As long as I can keep all of the characters straight.)

But reading and dog training aren't the only things I'll be doing this year.  I also plan to...

Run more trails.

Ride more miles. (last year I logged over 2k! which made me VERY Happy)

Teach Hattie Mae to AVOID my bike wheel while riding the trails.

Get myself and my husband BACK to Bend so we can do more of the above.

Write more words.

And stay off Netflix......It's a total time waster.  (Although this may be a tough one....with having to eventually watch Game of Thrones and all)


No comments:

Post a Comment