Wednesday, January 8, 2014

I've Been Lied To



Recently, Dave captured this picture of me playing Lady and the Tramp with Hattie Louise.  Can you guess which one is "the lady?"

When I viewed the picture, I was horrified and immediately cried out, "Anna is a liar!"

Dave looked at me completely confused and said "what are you talking about?"

"My hair!  Look at my hair!  It's all grey!"

Still confused, but no longer interested in continuing with this weird conversation, he returned to his part of our dinner preparation while I tried to explain.

"My hair," I repeated.  "Anna told me you can't see any grey in my hair."  

Still no comment.

"She lied."

Finally, he looked up.  "What are you so upset about?  The fact that she didn't tell you what you want to hear, or the fact that there is grey in your hair.  Because I'm pretty sure she wasn't really lying to you."  

Ugh...for a man of few words, he somehow always says it just right.  Darn it!

"Both! I guess...."

And, as if the crow's feet and creaky knees hadn't already proven this, I hate that, despite all my best efforts, I am, in fact, aging.  Darn it again!

S-

P.S.
And in case you were wondering, this picture should clearly identify who the REAL lady of the house is. :)



  

  


No comments:

Post a Comment