Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Two Cup Tuesday

Last weekend was busy and full. It started with Nora's sleep-less over on Friday, continued with her soccer game on Saturday, which was followed by a drive to Bellingham to see Anna and her new (very old) pad.  When Sunday dawned, gray and foggy, Dave and I, being the engaged parents that we are, ditched the girls and rode the Chuckanut Metric Century (part of the Chuckanut Century Challenge) before piling back into the van and driving home.  Needless to say, Monday morning I was pooped!

So I did what any daughter of my father's would do.  I drank coffee.  All day.  And although it didn't seem to end my fatigue, I continued, as it gave me good reason to eat more chocolate chip cookies. By the time soccer practice rolled around at 6:00 p.m., I was starting to feel alive, or at least more awake. 

And by the time I tucked Nora Jane into bed at nine o'clock last night, my caffeine-infused system was UP!  And I stayed up until well past midnight, reading, eating popcorn, reading again, and looking at Instagram.  I even texted Anna, because, surely, she'd be up!  But, alas, I got no response until 7:30 this morning when she replied, "I was tired. I was sleeping."

So, here I am on Two-Cup Tuesday determined to end this horrible cycle.  

Cup #2
Thus, I will finish this cup, write about my bike ride, and make the spaghetti sauce for my dinner.  What I will NOT do, however, is drink any more coffee.  Not even one little sip.  Not even if I feel like I'm going to fall asleep on the keyboard.  Maybe I will even take a nap.  

What am I saying?  I must be tired.  I never nap.  Ever.  Napping is for lazy people.  Or people who are sick. Not me. No way.

Yawn....

No comments:

Post a Comment