Thursday, March 21, 2013

Absolutely Incredible Kid Day

As I mentioned earlier, my calendar indicates that today is "Absolutely Incredible Kid Day." Personally, I believe EVERY DAY is all about kids, but since I am always on the lookout for a reason to celebrate with doughnuts, I decided to hop on board this "holiday" train.   

So, when this incredible kid 
My "Incredible" Nora Jane
came downstairs this morning, rubbing eyes that were barely open, and curled herself onto my lap, like she has done every morning since she could walk, I knew this was a good decision.  

After I kissed her good morning, though,  like I always do,  she said, "mom, your breath smells like coffee."  (You can see why I love her so.)  

So I pushed her head away from my face, into the fresh-air-zone, and told her what today is.  When I asked her if she knew anyone who could "fit the bill,"  she brought out her sweetest smile and said, "my whole class!"  (More proof of her absolute incredible-ness)

Thus, when breakfast was over, and her backpack was loaded up, we drove to Pao's (the BEST donut shop in town) and picked up fifty donut holes, "so we can all have two mama," and then flew back to school.  Since we barely made it before the warning bell rang, she had to hustle across the field carrying a large box of donuts and her lunch bag all while wearing a backpack that is much too large for her.  It's one of her sister's cast-offs, however,  and she will not part with it.  So her "hustle" was really more of a quick-stepped, hunched, shuffle.  But she made it.  When I could no longer see her, I drove home and started my day. 

 Anna,  my other incredible kid,

Anna (front) and Amanda (also a cool kid) enjoying
Bellingham's absolutely incredible sunshine &
the end of finals
is coming home today, (after acing her finals!)  and because I want her to be absolutely, incredibly clean and comfortable in her bed tonight, I am going to wash her sheets.  Why,  I may even bake her some incredible (okay, enough with the incredibles) cookies.  Since she was at school, she didn't get to enjoy any of the ones I made the other day.  And they were delicious!  The perfect trifecta of cookie goodness.  Full of peanut butter (for Dave), LOTS of chocolate chips (for the girls), and just the right amount of oatmeal (for moi)

So Happy Absolutely Incredible Kid Day! 
Phew--That's a mouthful! 

And to all the other Absolutely Incredible Kids out there, I hope your day is filled with cookies, doughnuts and lots of love. 
yep, definitely incredible

Keep on keeping on-
S- 

No comments:

Post a Comment