Wednesday, February 26, 2014

A Perfectly Normal Tuesday

Yesterday dawned like any other Tuesday.  Not quite mid-week, and with nothing extraordinary on the calendar.  Just a morning trip to the park with Hattie followed by the running of errands and some housework.  Yet, despite its routine ordinariness, yesterday was nearly perfect.  

For it was one of those days when everything seems to go just right.  One of those days when you feel as if you can take on any task and be successful.  One of those days when you feel completely happy because you are doing the things you love.  

Taken separately, all the things I did yesterday could be defined as mundane, boring even, to some.  For me, though, they came together like the aligning of the stars and they helped me to see that I am in the right place, doing the right things.  

So what was so ordinarily extraordinary about my Tuesday?

First of all, there was my run with Hattie.  You see, this run wasn't like any of our previous runs.  It was perfect.  She was obedient, calm.  She seemed to always know where she needed to be on the trail in relation to me, and she seemed to (finally) figure out how to be my partner in this endeavor.  

Next came the gardening, which really just consisted of potting up a few new primroses






and transplanting those pea seedlings of Nora's.  



But the sky was so blue and the temperature so warm that I didn't even have to don a coat!  And I wasn't the only one enjoying the nice weather.  Cooper, my ancient cat, was happily nestled on the back porch basking in the sun, while Hattie tried her best to consume all the birdseed that the wind had blown out of the feeders.  But it was my discovery, while digging in the dirt, that really made my day.  Those tiny, red, curly tips peeking up through the black dirt showed me that my rhubarb had not, in fact, perished.  

Hello Beautiful!
I am SO glad to see you!

On the contrary, it was very much alive.  And it was telling me there's pie in Dave's future!

But not today.  Today there was just a batch of thumbprint cookies.  Most of which are gone now--thanks to Dave.  

Finally, and most importantly, there was the chicken supply shopping.  While the chicks haven't arrived, their new home has.  And it's waiting patiently, for them, in Anna's old room.  

VACANCY

As you can see, none of my activities were truly spectacular, especially on their own.  But taken together, on this beautiful, sunny Tuesday they created a special day for me.  I'm sure if I had done all of these things on Monday, when it poured down rain, I would have felt completely different.  But that's not how a perfect day works.  A perfect day is just that because, thankfully, the stars do align and everything just fits.  





No comments:

Post a Comment