Tuesday, January 4, 2011

In The Garden

This afternoon I saw TWO FAT Robins in my back yard, so I tried to take a picture to show my daughter.  She's six and still likes things like that.  But I haven't mastered my camera completely and, apparently,  I was taking so long zooming in and out that I scared them away.  In my defense, I was trying to shoot through the back door window.

Although they were only passing through, I was happy they stopped by.  I loved watching them hop and scurry, as only birds with little tiny legs and big fat bodies can do.  And watching them flick dead, fallen leaves aside, with such ease, to reveal the delicacies hidden underneath made me glad I'm not a bird!

After they left, I did a quick scan of my garden.  Brown dirt, brown sticks, and naked branches stared back.  Yes, I am definitely missing sunshine, and color, and flowers.  And sitting on the patio eating family dinners with the evening sun so hot on our skin that we have to move back inside--just for a bit--just until it cools off.

Until then, I'm just glad someone is using it.

P.S.  I did get one bird shot...not great, but you know what a Robin looks like anyway......

P.S.S.  A few shots of my winter garden.....

No comments:

Post a Comment