Thursday, January 16, 2014

The Pecking Order

We aren't the only ones who have had to adjust to life with Hattie.  Cooper, our poor seventeen-year-old cat, has had to adapt as well.  And, as you can see, he has not liked it one bit!


Why!
Why did you do this to me?

This little guy has been chased, barked at, stared down and had his food stolen away from him---while he ate!  And, yet, surprisingly he hasn't completely rolled over and submitted to the new lordling.  (Can you tell I've been reading Game of Thrones?) Admittedly, he has been spending a great deal of time under my bed lately, but when he does surface, he has continued to fight for his rightful place in The Pecking Order.  He does this by hissing and swatting at Hattie when she gets too close--or too annoying.  And I'm totally fine with that....as long as he avoids her eyes.  They have cost me a lot of money.

While I don't expect these two house-mates to ever become friends, it appears they have recently come to an understanding.  

The fireplace is Switzerland.  It's neutral territory that they are both allowed to enjoy.  The same goes for the couch.  (When the fireplace gets too warm)  


"Scoot over!"
"No!  YOU scoot over!"


What Switzerland really looks like.  
And, at night, the same goes for my bed, which, thankfully, is a king size.

No comments:

Post a Comment