Monday, October 14, 2013

Thanksgiving in October

During a visit home last weekend, Anna learned that she needs to have all four of her wisdom teeth removed.  Thus, she will be coming home again on Friday (yeah!) to have this done.

While I waited for her to finish consulting with the oral surgeon,  I learned that our dental insurance terminated Anna's coverage on August 31st.  

Fortunately, after a quick phone call from Dave, the insurance company realized their mistake and promised to rectify the situation.  (Hopefully by Friday)

Because Anna is facing a weekend of soft-foods, I decided to treat her to a big feast before she headed back to school.  So at 5:00 last Friday we sat down to our first Thanksgiving dinner of the year.  Admittedly, it was a slightly scaled down version of The Real Deal, but it still included the basics: turkey, mashed potatoes and gravy, biscuits, and broccoli (which I hate, but the girls both LOVE).  The only dish I missed was a big bowl of cranberries.  But since I'm the only eater of these delicacies, I opted to go red with strawberries.  To finish it all off, of course, we had pumpkin pie.  

As we ate and talked (about everything but teeth) I gave thanks.  For our delicious meal.  For having my family together.  For getting to have Anna home again next weekend!  And, most importantly, for having dental insurance.

Happy Thanksgiving in October!

No comments:

Post a Comment