Wednesday, October 9, 2013

She Wrote Back!

Last week, after I ordered "One Woman Farm" from Battenkill Books, I did something I've never done before:  I emailed the author.

This may not sound like a big deal, but it was for it's SO NOT something I do.  And I told her this.  I told her that I don't usually even comment on other blogs.  I'm just a reader.  But I really felt compelled to tell her how much I enjoy her books (and her blog). Everybody likes a bit of praise from time to time... While my email wasn't anything magnificent, or delightfully clever, it was short, simple, and intended to show that I appreciate all of her efforts to keep her farm running and the books coming. Finally, I wished her and Gibson and The Street Gang (aka her crazy sheep) much success.

And that was that.

And I felt great.

And I had a new book on the way!

So I was really shocked to receive an email response from her--in just a few hours time!  Like mine, it was simple, direct, and thankful.  She probably writes a million of these.  But this one sure made me feel great.



No comments:

Post a Comment