Wednesday, March 27, 2013

The Problem with Sticky Notes

Today was a sad day;
I didn't get much done. 
For I lost something of value,
of which there was only one. 

I lost my yellow sticky notes,
with words I wanted to save. 
(Until I could get back to them)
but they got thrown away.

These words, they were important,
some scribbled hopes and dreams.
And, now, I cannot find them.
They are nowhere to be seen.

I don't know how this happened.
Or, who did this to me.
Perhaps, some evil ne'er-do-well? 
No. It was probably done by me.

I thought I'd hidden them greatly.
I thought they were tucked away.
Somewhere safe, where they couldn't get lost,
but they did anyway.

I don't know where they went to,
or if they're coming back.
I'm hoping I will find them.
But not counting on that.

I've searched the house, from high to low.
Looked everywhere I know.
I cannot find them anywhere!
Oh, how this hurts me so!

Mine was not a perfect system; 
I know that this is true.
But it worked for me for a long, long time
In Red, Green, Yellow, and Blue.

But the problem with my sticky notes,
(the problem I have found)
is that even with their sticky-ness,
they don't always stick around. 

So much for my old system;
I see how bad it's flawed.
It's time I learned to modernize--
Update----or I'm lost.

So, today's writing is over.
I'm feeling like a dope.
And because my heart is broken,
I might just sit and mope.

I could sit here and wallow.
I feel like I could cry.
But I am WAY too old for that--
and THAT is NOT a lie.

So off I go to buy groceries.
Out I go into the sun.
For my cupboards, they need fillin,
and there's diggin to be done.

These tasks will keep me busy.
Keep back tears that want to come.
But if they do,
that's what I get--
THAT'S WHAT I GET--
for being so dang dumb!


The End






No comments:

Post a Comment