Friday, February 22, 2013

Timer

My First "Official" Writing Task
(Note:  Not an Assignment, Apparently They are Different)

Go:
I set the timer.
I put the fake-cheese topped Triscuit in my mouth and shut my eyes.  I started to think and chew and think.  But mostly chew.  It's pretty hard to hear one's thoughts while chewing Triscuits.  
Finally, the chewing is done.  That "cheese" did not taste good.  Is it really even cheese?  More importantly, is this even a "real" writing task?  

Am I following the instructions of a "real" teacher?  Or merely playing The Fool.  This is my first on-line course--ever--mind you.  And is my teacher REALLY who her picture says she is?  Or am I taking instructions from  a bunch of college students.  English Majors, who are right now laughing their heads off because they actually "got another one" to fall for this.

Can my neighbors see me right now?  If so, what are they thinking?  Do they think I'm praying, sleeping?  Do they think I've had a stroke and can't move?  

God!  How LONG is one minute?  

I really want to open my eyes.  I can feel them fighting me to stay closed.  

I caved.  I peeked.

Oh my God!  I never hit start!

No comments:

Post a Comment