Wednesday, October 3, 2012

I Gave In

Despite Mother Nature's attempt to fool me into thinking it's still Summer, (recent sunshine and warm temperatures) I have succumbed.  Time moves on.  Calendars don't lie.  It's definitely Fall.  Thus, I have abandoned my afore mentioned hope of clinging to Summer.  I am ready for cool mornings, sunny afternoons, and soups!  To prove my commitment to the change of seasons,  I got to work.  

I:
(a) Cleaned out the gardens, (now I just need to get some spring bulbs)

MY veggie garden
NORA JANE'S  non-veggie garden
This year she had strawberries and zinnias--
a beautiful combination

(b) Collected the last of this year's bounty


Tomatoes anyone?
REALLY!  My family does NOT like tomatoes.
We WON"T be growing them next year :)

(c) Planted a tree

Baby Japanese Maple
(d) Made Vegetable Soup with Nora. Nora who does NOT like vegetables.  Nora who does, however, very much enjoy stirring the pot. 
Stirring the vegetables that DID NOT come from our garden,
but the local grocer.
(e) Baked Pumpkin Spice Cookies


Delicious even without frosting.
(Or so says Dave)  But who would want to omit the frosting?   
(f)  Bought a new North Face Vest (in black!)  Perfect for Saturday morning soccer games!

(g) Put up a few Halloween decorations on the mantle, (so lame...not worth photographing)

And yesterday, I even, 
(h)  made Scarecrow Cookies for Nora's Girl Scout meeting.



So Goodbye Summer.
Hellooo Fall!

S-




No comments:

Post a Comment