Tuesday, December 21, 2010

The Big Day

So, today is THE day.  My first official post.  I don't even have my background completed, or pictures added, or my profile on line for that matter.  Yet I am forging ahead and joining the blogging community.  Why, you ask?  


I don't have a definite answer to that question.  Suffice it to say, I've always wanted to try it, and after being told last week that my boobies are fine,  "with no signs of malignancy," I decided to get off my duff and start doing some of the things I've been toying with forever.  


What will I be writing about?  Good question!  Possible topics include; motherhood, (I'm the mother of 2 BEAUTIFUL girls)  Anna is 17, applying for college and getting ready to get the hell out of the house, (of course, I mean that in a good way) and Nora Jane is 6.  She is smart, funny, and covered in freckles.  


There may be days when I describe my love of running (or other sports related activities).  My hubby is one cool bike rider, Anna can really kick butt in the pool as a water polo player and Nora Jane was THE fastest little soccer player on her team last fall....but who's bragging:)  For now, however, my attempts to conquer mountains, qualify for Boston, and other such dreams are on hold due to plantar fascitis (hereafter referred to as P.F.F.--as Pain in my F***** Foot!) 


Dogs may be mentioned from time to time as well.  I love them.  ALL of them....(well, except for the little, yippy, barky ones or the big terrifying ones who charge at me while running and nearly send me scrambling into the closest tree).  So you should probably meet Jack right now.  He is my best four legged friend.  He is a GORGEOUS yellow lab mix we resuced from the pound almost fourteen years ago.  He is perfect, except for one little thing.  He sheds a bit.. Okay, he sheds a LOT!  He sheds so much that I am thinking of somehow creating a lint wall.... or in-home vacuum system that will miraculously suck up all of the fur he leaves on my floors, on my furniture (even though he only is allowed on one tiny couch), on the counters, in my van, in the air we breathe, on my clothes (which are black....I know STUPID!  But I love Black!) Okay, so you get the idea.  But he's still perfect.  And he was the best trail runner ever! Until recently.  Now he spends a good deal of his time on the little blanket covered couch in the living room.  Lifting his head if he hears anyone entering or exiting the room, still hopeful that he will get a little run in that day.  


Cooking, and my inadequacy in that department, may come up from time to time.  Pictures may start to appear, once I get a better camera.  My last camera was dropped on its noggin while Nora was entertaining herself so her mother could do something productive, like face book or search for yet another recipe that, hopefully, my daughters will enjoy eating.  


The frequency of my posts is unknown at this point as well.  When school is in session, and everyone is out of my hair (I mean right where they need to be) I may be better disciplined about this new project of mine.  Until then it may be hit and miss.  Take now, for instance.  Nora Jane just walked down the stairs, still sleepy in her pink long johns (which she LOVES because she and daddy just bought them at Cabella's...one of her favorite stores) and hopped onto my lap.  


Stay tuned....

No comments:

Post a Comment